Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
You will need:
For the cupcakes
125g light sunflower spread
125g caster sugar
25g Cadbury cocoa powder
1 tablespoon semi-skimmed milk
For the topping
120g Light Philadelphia with Cadbury
A selection of sweets to make the spider legs and eyes such as liquorice catherine wheels, strawberry laces or cola lances. White chocolate buttons or Liquorice Allsorts and small red sweets to make the spider eyes;
1. To make the cakes, beat the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time then fold in the flour and cocoa. Fold in the milk.
2. Line a 12-hole bun tin with paper cake cases. Spoon the mixture into the cases, filling about two thirds full. Bake at 180°C, gas mark 4 for about 15-18 minutes or until firm and risen. Leave to cool.
3. When the cakes are completely cold, spread some Light Philadelphia with Cadbury over each of the cupcakes.
4. Arrange eight short lengths of the liquorice, strawberry laces or cola lances on each cupcake to make the spider legs.
5. Add the sweeties for the eyes and a little more liquorice for antenna.